Thursday, May 29, 2014

Introduction





" Christianity in America has an Image Problem " this is the opening of a book called  UNChristian..written by David Kinnaman and Gabe Lyons :  The book is the result of research by the Barna Group . Its purpose is to discern and understand the perception of Christians in this country by non Christians ( a group the book will reffer to as outsiders )  .  I am very much interested in this topic , many of my friends in person and online are nonChristian / Outsiders .  And I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time discussing the difference between Jesus Christ as what He taught and the perception of Christianity that my friends have .  The purpose of the  book , and this blog series is not to drag the Christian Faith through the mud ..it is to examine why we have an image problem , and what we can do about it so we can as believers present to our non Christian Friends the Jesus that first brought us to the cross . ( our first love ) .  There is also a very good chance that I may be encouraged to teach on this subject in the upcoming months ..and I want as much feedback as possible .  As I began reading the book this one comment hit me full in the face so I Plan to post the comment and wait for a response from whoever is interested in responding ..there is an interesting sub text to this comment something that really caught my eye ..hope it catches yours . 

" Outsiders most common reflection to the faith :  they think Christians no longer represent what Jesus had in mind, that Christianity in our society is not what it was meant to be " . 


No comments:

Post a Comment